Help us to build the future of our unique theatre and cinema in Wallingford and turn it into a 21st century facility.
We now have a building that is dry again and will be warm, comfortable and with the potential to serve Wallingford into the 21st Century.
|We now need to move onwards and upwards!
With voluntary staffing and management the organisation returns a surplus which goes into our reserves ready for improvement projects. For example, we were able to contribute over £200,000 towards the roof project from ticket sales in the past few years.
But to ensure that every customer wants to return to the venue, we must keep up with the latest technology so that the Corn Exchange provides a great experience.
We currently need funds to complete a further list of improvements.
To give you an idea of how much it costs:
- A new stage will cost about £50,000 which will have a new surface, trap doors and could allow revolves to be incorporated. This will allow new productions to be undertaken.
- Lighting rigs with the latest environmentally friendly and economic LED systems and moving head lights will cost around £60,000
- Dolby ATMOS system, giving us the quality of sound we need to compete against other cinemas. This currently costs around £50,000
- New auditorium lights showing the original architectural features of the building, working lights for the preparation of shows and mood lights for audience entrance and performances will cost about £20,000
- A replacement cinema screen and digital projector will cost about £50,000.
- New wireless headsets for the technical crew will cost about £10,000
We also want to improve access and facilities for people with mobility, sight and hearing difficulties.
We need to give the front facade of the building some attention.
So, if you love theatre and cinema and would like to donate to help preserve this very important amenity for Wallingford and surrounding area, here’s how to do it:
Cash or cheques (payable to Sinodun Players) can be placed in a special box in the Corn Exchange foyer, or post cheques to fundraising co-ordinator John Warburton, Corn Exchange, Market Place, Wallingford OX10 0EG. Donations can be made by BACS to Sinodun Players, National Westminster Bank, sort code 60-22-19, Account No. 66525705 (ref ‘theatre plus’).
Or you can go to the new donation page. Just click on this link to the Virgin Money Giving campaign.
Thank you for your support.
|Our business has been funded by The European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development and supported by Oxfordshire LEADER which allowed us to install electric winches to raise and lower the lighting bars.|