Thank you to all those who helped us to preserve the future of our unique theatre and cinema in Wallingford. We now want to turn it into a 21st century facility.
The building is now dry again and will be comfortable and with the potential to serve Wallingford into the 21st Century. Thanks to all the sponsors and donors that helped to preserve this wonderful building.
National Trusts and Foundations
- The Aurelis Charitable Fund
- British Film Institute
- The Cumber Family Charitable Trust
- Doris Field Charitable Trust
- Film Hub South East
- The Fitton Trust
- Foyle Foundation
- Garfield Weston Foundation
- Ormonde Charitable Trust
- P F Charitable Trust
- The Pilgrim Trust
- The Prince of Wales’s Charitable Trust
- Mr. and Mrs. J A Pye Charitable Settlement
- Reuben Foundation
- Tanner Trust
- Cholsey Silver Band
- The Church Women’s Fellowship
- Connect Catering Management Services Ltd
- Crowmarsh Parish Council
- Didcot Rotary Club
- Dorothy Holmes Charitable Trust
- Goring Gap Players
- Henley Computer Services Ltd
- The Oxfordshire Buildings Trust
- Oxfordshire LEADER
- South Oxfordshire Community Lottery
- South Oxfordshire District Council
- Sustainable Wallingford
- Trust for Oxfordshire’s Environment (TOE)
- Wallingford 1155 Fireworks
- Wallingford Bridge Estate
- Wallingford Town Council
- Wallingford Vehicle Rally
- Prof. Malcolm Airs and Megan Parry
- Diana Bradshaw
- Virginia Chell
- Pamela Gyton
- Sir Colin and Lady Imray
- Jeremy Irons
- John and Jenny Jeskins
- Andy Kershaw
- Ros and Ken Lester
- David and Jean Simmons
- Mike Simmons and Chris Storey
- John Warburton BEM
- Richard and Eileen Watts
And also thanks to the many people who donated money but wished to remain anonymous.
|We now need to move onwards and upwards!
With voluntary staffing and management the organisation returns a surplus which goes into our reserves ready for improvement projects. For example, we were able to contribute over £200,000 towards the roof project from ticket sales in the past few years.
We are still planning to upgrade some of the facilities. So the fund raising team is still in place. And we will be publishing details of our next project soon. But for the moment just come and enjoy the venue.
If would like to donate to help preserve this very important amenity for Wallingford and surrounding area, here’s how to do it:
Cash or cheques (payable to Sinodun Players) can be placed in a special box in the Corn Exchange foyer, or post cheques to fundraising co-ordinator John Warburton, Corn Exchange, Market Place, Wallingford OX10 0EG. Donations can be made by BACS to Sinodun Players, National Westminster Bank, sort code 60-22-19, Account No. 66525705 (ref ‘21st century theatre fund’).
Or you can go to the new donation page. Just click on this link to the Virgin Money Giving campaign.
Thank you for your support.
|We have recently obtained funds from The European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development supported by Oxfordshire LEADER which allowed us to install electric winches to raise and lower the lighting bars and a second tranche of funding to improve the theatre lights with low energy LED moving head lights.|