Under the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation, which came into force on 25th May 2018, the Corn Exchange Wallingford Ltd (CEWL) – a ‘Data Controller’ for the purposes of the GDPR – must let all of our volunteers and patrons know:
- what our lawful basis is for using their data
- what personal data we hold and how we use it
- what is the source of these data
- how long we keep the data and when we would erase it
- that a person is entitled to see the personal data we have for them.
Volunteers information is kept on the basis of‘Legitimate Interest’ to enable the CEWL to run its business. This allows us to use a volunteer’s data in a way that they would reasonably expect us to, and which does not override their interests in any way.
Patrons details are kept to allow CEWL to provide them with an online ticketing service. We would also like to ocassionally send patrons an email with information about events at the Corn Exchange that may be of interest to them – we will only do this if a Patron has opted in to receive such emails; patrons can opt in or out of this service whenever they wish by updating their preferences or by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Patrons’ Personal Data held by CEWL
Patrons’ personal details are entered into our online booking system which is maintained by Savoy Systems. Patrons can change and delete their details whenever they like using the online booking system.
Volunteers’ Personal Data held by CEWL
These are provided by the volunteer concerned. CEWL will keep a list of every volunteer’s phone number(s), email address (if available) and home address (if the volunteer wishes to provide it). The information is maintained in a volunteers database (provided by www.3Rings.org.uk)
Where a volunteer is a member of a rostered team, we will keep details of their rostered duties to allow statistical analysis and records for long service awards.
Use of data
Contact and rota details will be freely available to rota managers and directors of the CEWL.
No personal data are ever disclosed to any other person or organisation outside CEWL or its owner Sinodun Players, or sold for marketing purposes. All data are kept safe and secure and are used only on a strict ‘need to know’ basis.
Length of time that data are kept
All personal data for current volunteers will be held for twelve months after a volunteer leaves CEWL and then deleted.
Personal Data for patrons will be anonymised after 24 months of non-use of their account.
Right to see personal data
A volunteer/patron may request to see their personal data by emailing email@example.com or by contacting one of the Directors of CEWL
CEWL uses a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out such things as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone.
You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site may not work.
CEWL use the following data processors:
- Savoy Systems – for the online ticketing system
- 1&1 – for web-hosting and hosting of offical @CornExchange.Org.UK email addresses of CEWL officers and @SinodunPlayers.Org.UK email addresses for Sinodun Players members
- 3Rings – a volunteer database for rota scheduing
- Google Analytics – for statistical tracking of accesses to our web-pages
- CreditCall- a payment gateway for handling online card payments
- FirstData – an aquiring bank for receiving online card payments
- EMWD.com – a hosting service that maintains the Corn Exchange’s WhatsOn Mailman email list distribution service
Please contact CEWL – firstname.lastname@example.org – if you have any concerns about the protection of your data.
Everyone also has a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if they think there is a problem with the way their data is being handled – https://ico.org.uk/.