Corn Exchange Safety Measures for COVID-19
The Corn Exchange is still implementing Covid-safe protocols under guidance from our H&S consultant and from information provided by partner organisations such as the British Film Institute and the Little Theatre Guild.
What we are doing …
We are now showing films, theatre and live performances again.
In addition to our normal high cleaning standards, after each performance we will be disinfecting the auditorium, foyer and toilets with a fogging machine, which sprays an anti-viral disinfectant. This is to leave all surfaces clean and safe for human contact.
We encourage online booking where at all possible please. We ask you please to ensure that your details (telephone number and email address) are recorded on the contact details page. You can edit this page by clicking on My Settings. The telephone number is to enable a Track and Trace procedure to take place if required. The Box Office is fully open, and will take cash and cards
The Box Office system will allocate all seats from the end of November. Until then some socially distancing will be applied, leaving an empty seat each side of each booked party . We may need to re-allocate seats for the November live shows to implement this new policy, and we will rely on your co-operation. If you have already booked seats but feel uncomfortable with full seating you can request a refund by emailing email@example.com
We have now opened the bar again for all events. We are asking all patrons to observe the normal socially distanced rules in the foyer, and also leave space between others, with an option to wait outside if there are lots of people in the foyer. We ask patrons to take drinks into the auditorium as soon as they are served rather than stay in the foyer.
We ask you please to use the hand-sanitisers which are provided at each entrance. Our staff will be provided with appropriate PPE
What we ask of you …
- We would like to encourage you to wear a mask from the moment that you enter the Corn Exchange (unless you are exempt), and it should not be taken off until you have left the theatre
- You will need to join a socially distanced queue to enter and exit the building, and keep your distance when in the building. We will operate a one-way system and will have markings in place.
- We are now printing tickets for seats bought online. Please go to the front entrance in the Market Place to pick up your tickets, giving your name to the House Manager at the theatre door. The ticket will contain your seat number(s) and other safety information.
- After picking up your ticket please enter to rows A to G in Mousey Lane and to rows H to P in the Market Place, Please ensure that you go to the correct entrance. This is to ensure that there is minimal interaction between audience members.
- You must arrive in good time, at least 5 – 10 minutes before the film starts. We will not admit late entries.
- If you are showing any of the symptoms of Covid-19 we obviously ask that you do not attend even if you have already bought tickets. We will arrange a refund.