In 2017 we launched an appeal to raise funds to replace our leaking roof and upgrade the auditorium. The response was astounding and below you will find a list of our key benefactors. However, we need to replenish our reserves to provide a sound financial base and are still planning to upgrade and repair some of our facilities, so fund raising continues to be a necessity.
The Corn Exchange is an independent theatre owned by the Sinodun Players (charity number 259960) and is run entirely by volunteers. It is funded through ticket sales and donations. It does not receive operational funding support.
If you would like to donate to help preserve this much-loved community amenity for Wallingford and surrounding area, here’s how to do it:
- Add a donation when you buy your tickets.
- Cash or cheques (payable to Sinodun Players) can be placed in the donation box in the Corn Exchange foyer, or post cheques to: Financial Trustee, Corn Exchange, Market Place, Wallingford OX10 0EG.
- Donations can be made to our donation page at Virgin Money Giving. Just click on this link. to take you to our Sinodun Players Amateur Dramatic Society, Corn Exchange Wallingford page.
- Consider leaving a Legacy in your will. For more information please contact the Financial Trustee at email@example.com
- Fancy a flutter? We participate in the South Oxfordshire District Council Lottery. To buy a ticket that supports us please click on this link: https://www.socharitable.co.uk/support/sinodun-players-amateur-dramatic-society
- Buying something online?
As a charity, the Sinodun Players benefits financially with cashback from Easyfundraising when supporters use the app in their browser when accessing a website to make a purchase. Please click here to enrol:
We are also subscribed to Amazon Smile which generates a donation (at no extra cost to you) when you buy an eligible product. To support the Sinodun Players, set up your account by clicking here https://smile.amazon.co.uk/
Thank you for your support.
Thanks also to all the sponsors and donors that helped to preserve this wonderful building to date:
National Trusts and Foundations
- The Aurelis Charitable Fund
- British Film Institute
- The Cumber Family Charitable Trust
- Doris Field Charitable Trust
- Film Hub South East
- The Fitton Trust
- Foyle Foundation
- Garfield Weston Foundation
- Ormonde Charitable Trust
- P F Charitable Trust
- The Pilgrim Trust
- The Prince of Wales’s Charitable Trust
- Mr. and Mrs. J A Pye Charitable Settlement
- Reuben Foundation
- Tanner Trust
- Cholsey Silver Band
- The Church Women’s Fellowship
- Connect Catering Management Services Ltd
- Crowmarsh Parish Council
- Didcot Rotary Club
- Dorothy Holmes Charitable Trust
- Goring Gap Players
- Henley Computer Services Ltd
- The Oxfordshire Buildings Trust
- Oxfordshire LEADER
- South Oxfordshire Community Lottery
- South Oxfordshire District Council
- Sustainable Wallingford
- Trust for Oxfordshire’s Environment (TOE)
- Wallingford 1155 Fireworks
- Wallingford Bridge Estate
- Wallingford Town Council
- Wallingford Vehicle Rally
|We have recently obtained funds from The European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development supported by Oxfordshire LEADER which allowed us to install electric winches to raise and lower the lighting bars and a second tranche of funding to improve the theatre lights with low energy LED moving head lights.|
Prof. Malcolm Airs and Megan Parry
Sir Colin and Lady Imray
John and Jenny Jeskins
Ros and Ken Lester
David and Jean Simmons
Mike Simmons and Chris Storey
John Warburton BEM
Richard and Eileen Watts
And also thanks to the many people who donated money but wished to remain anonymous.